- This class has passed.
Core, Pelvic Floor and More with Louisa Thomas – Open to All
April 4, 2020 at 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm£75.00
This practical, movement-focused workshop will offer a full-body and holistic approach to healing core issues. Looking at core and pelvic floor health as a whole-body issue – rather than something to be spot-treated – we will explore a range of tools, movements, breathing practices and techniques to build core strength, improve pelvic floor integrity and correct posture. If you are post-natal (even many years), have back pain, or are struggling with an issue such as diastasis recti (abdominal separation), prolapse, incontinence or pelvic girdle pain, this workshop is a must.
During the workshop we will:
– Practice rehabilitation-focused movement to address muscular imbalances that can affect the core’s ability to function well;
– Explore the fundamentals of healthy alignment, and why certain lifestyle choices may compromising the core;
– Learn how the breath can help (or hinder) the core’s ability to function optimally;
– Discover why isolated pelvic floor exercises such as Kegels may be more harmful than helpful;
– Learn how to integrate core and pelvic floor exercises into everyday movement, and how to modify or troubleshoot movements in other settings – such as a yoga class – to ensure your core is working optimally;
– Look at a range of ways to activate the deep abdominal muscles, not just abs, without compromising breath, range of movement or alignment – and find out when it’s best to let it all hang out;
The workshop will provide a safe and informative space to share, enquire and explore a range of tools for core healing. Following the workshop participants will be given homework videos to follow, to keep up the good work.
Louisa Thomas is a long-time yoga and Pilates teacher, mum of 3, and self-confessed movement geek. After the birth of her 2nd child, Louisa discovered she had a severe diastasis recti. After being told surgery was her only option for healing, Louisa set out to heal her core naturally and holistically. This led her to Restore Your Core, an online core rehabilitation programme followed by thousands of women worldwide. In 2017 Louisa became just one of 10 people in the world certified to teach RYC. In 2018 she trained in the Hypopressives method, a system of exercises clinically proven to improve symptoms of prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction. In 2019 Louisa was appointed Director of Education for the RYC brand and oversees teacher education and development worldwide.
After having 3 children in less than 4 years Louisa was able to rebuild core strength and function, heal her diastasis and improve whole-body alignment through a full-body approach to core wellness. She is passionate about educating and empowering others to do the same.